Tuesday, January 20, 2015

2014 Favorite Things List

Finally getting to my "favorite things" list for 2014. So here goes!

Side note-I'm still learning to blog and am typing this on my phone because I still can't figure out how to get pics to iPad. Also, on another note, I wonder who the hell really cares about my blog and I expressed that to my brother in law and "blog mentor" Terry Clark. His advice was to "write for me" and "who cares" if nobody ever reads it. 

My head has been spinning this week with the terrible news out of OU and I have a lot to say about it. But for now, I am keeping it light and frivolous. 

Jens fav things of 2014

1. First off is coconut oil! I've always used it for cooking and I also put a teaspoon in my coffee every morning but my friends Hillary and Cara have introduced me to the benefits of using it for my body and hair. Cara makes me lotion which I love. I also put it on my hair before I swim at the Y to help with the harsh chemicals.

2. Underwater Headphones - these things are GENIUS! I noticed my friend Cara wearing them and I immediately went to Amazon to buy myself a pair. Trust me, these things help with boredom in the pool and I can find myself going longer when listening to tunes:)

3. My Page boyfriend jeans. I guess I should say that TJ Maxx is a favorite thing because that is where I buy most of my designer jeans for less. These jeans are so comfy and also fashionable, cute with tennis shoes, sandals or even dressed up with booties.

4.  I guess Cara may have to make the list as one of my favorite things because she told me about this wonderful leave in spray hair conditioner called Nevo. After shampooing you simply spray this on and your hair combs out easily and the conditioner is light enough to use along with my regular conditioner in the shower.

5. Nerium. Most everyone has heard of this wonderful night cream by now. You purchase it from a wholesaler and I get it from my friend Ann. At  first I wasn't sure because it's a very thick cream you put on your clean, slightly damp face at night. It makes your face "tight" and I didn't like that feeling at night but now I've gotten used to it and the way your skin feels in the morning is worth it! You just wake up, spash your face with water to "reactivate" the mask and your skin is silky smooth! It's expensive, but it's the one pricey product I use on my face and a little goes a long way!

6. Bare Minerals bronzer and brushes. I use this powder on my eyes and cheeks. This and mascara is all I need for day.

7. Target knockoffs. I have lived in these boots all winter! And for 34 bucks they are a steal. So comfy and cute! Everybody loves a deal at Target!

8. I hosted a Stella & Dot party and got this beautiful pewter bag half price! I carry it every day, it's big enough to fit all my things for teaching class, plus fashionable. I plan to use it for travel too and I don't know what I will do when it wears out but it's holding up great so far!


9. Thing Sling or may be called Loved Handle now. I found this at the Hotter than Hell expo, the guy at the booth was so persuasive and at 2 or $10 I figured, why not. You simply stick it to the back of your phone and it STAYS put! I loop it through my finger like a ring sometimes while running errands and I can even run with it, it just gives that extra bit of security to know I won't drop my phone while listening to music on the run.



10. Again, from Ulta. Ok, so obviously Ulta and TJ maxx are two of my favorite things - this is a top coat for regular mascara to make it waterproof. Works great!




11. Sally Hansen does it again. It's been around forever and is a great product but now they've added a top coat gel polish that doesn't need the light system and it comes off with regular remover. It comes with a color with built in base coat and then this top gel. It goes on thick and dries quickly. I also use it over other polish, not just this Sally brand. My manicures stay chip free for a week!
12. And lastly, my new desk in my new office. Maybe I will get to use it soon but Jared moved back home for a few months right after we purchased and is sleeping upstairs in "my office". 
I had been searching estate sales and on line but couldn't find the right desk. I finally popped into a favorite store El Paso Imports on May. We've purchased lots of items there but they don't really carry a lot of desks. I saw this piece and even though it's really a side or sofa table, Anna the manager thought it would work great as a desk. It's made from an old door and I love the iron legs. It's perfect. Now all l need is a comfy, cute chair and my room back (he moves out soon:) and maybe I will start getting the hang of blogging and do it regularly! 

I've already got a few favorite things in 2015 so maybe next years post will be on time ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment