Monday, February 11, 2013

Protein bars

My first try at homemade protein bars were a success! Here's the recipe!

2 cups peanut butter or almond butter (I used almond)
1 3/4 raw honey
2 1/4 protein powder (I used Deluxe Chocolate from Sams)
3 cups regular oatmeal
1 T cinnamon
1/4 c. walnuts (recipe called for slivered almonds but you could use anything, or dried fruit, etc.)
9x13 pan

This actually made 1 full 9x13 pan and half of another one.

Instructions: microwave almond butter and honey to soften, this was about 45 seconds, mix well. In another bowl, mix all other ingredients and then add mixtures together. This will be messy but use your hands! I lined one pan with wax paper but it wasn't really necessary. Press into pans, place in fridge to firm, it took mine about an hour, I took it out, plopped it onto my cutting board and cut into smaller pieces then put into snack size baggies. I will store in fridge, they are so good!

Protein Bars - also pictured is my pizza dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment