Sunday, February 10, 2013

30 day yoga challenge!

I have been practicing yoga for 17 years and teaching for 15 but 2013 began with a 30 day yoga challenge at Soul Yoga, Oklahoma City. At first I was reluctant, I mean, I teach a little, and also try to practice on my own at home even though we all know how that usually ends up. While in downdog instead of feeling bliss all I can see are dustbunnies on the floor, so I usually cut my home practice short and move on to something "productive". Getting to the studio was the key! We had 35 days to get in the 30 classes, and I was on track to hit it in 30 when a migraine put me out for two days, but no matter!  We did it! I never dreaded going to the studio, I craved it! My practice has gotten stronger and my body feels better than ever even as I increase my running miles as I train for my first marathon in 16 years! Bring on the next challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment