Monday, August 12, 2013

Master yogi Jim.

Jim went to yoga without me again this evening. We usually go together but I taught a class there earlier today and just didn't feel like getting out again besides I've been doing laundry all day. Sam moves back for 2nd year of college so I'm giving him a treat and doing his laundry and cooking his favorite meal. I'm also not complaining,just reflecting, laughing and hopeful for the future.

When we were first married I worked full time and squeezed in workouts on my lunch hour or took the kids to a gym nursery. Jim worked hard and also lifted weights or played basketball and soccer. I started doing yoga but Jim wasn't into it. Fine. I was busy raising kids and racing, running, and teaching yoga. This went on for 15 years. 

Now our kids are grown and we started cycling together some since Jim doesn't run. We tried golf too but that did not work! I had been bugging Jim for years to get off that boring bike trainer in the winter and join me in yoga. One day he said okay!

So this year Jim finally came to a yoga class with me and was hooked. It's been 6 months now and as everyone knows he is now a "master yogi". 

So why am I hopeful? Almost 31 years of marriage and change is possible! Who knows, maybe he will even start doing the laundry someday:)
Master yogi Jim striking Tree pose in Canada!
Home practice!!!!
Piles of laundry:)

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is so natural and real,,,deserves a much bigger audience. thanks

    ReplyDelete